This role is responsible for serving as a liaison between our patients and clinical staff. The Office Assistant works at both the Winfield and Wayland clinics and is responsible for greeting, directing and scheduling patients, as well as, registration of patients, and the collection of insurance information and payments.
The Office Assistant is responsible for the following duties:
1. Greeting all patient and visitors in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Answering telephone calls and directing calls as needed.
3. Maintaining the appointment schedule and following scheduling policies.
4. Performs pre-certification of services for insurance as required.
5. Registering patients into the HCHC information system, verifying and updating information as needed.
6. Places orders for all necessary ancillary service testing and coordinates scheduling for external referrals.
High school graduate or equivalent
Medical office experience
Knowledge of medical terminology