RN or LPN, Clinical IT knowledge, Evident EMR knowledge, Cerner EMR knowledge, workflow and process improvement knowledge.
The Clinical Systems Analyst is responsible for assisting in the management and administration of all clinical based applications. This position will work with departments to evaluate new and existing applications, create and enhance system documentation, and implement documentation and workflow improvements using the change management process. This position is responsible for testing clinical applications, including changes made to those systems, and training end users in the use of clinical applications. This position may be assigned specific applications and systems to administer, update, and maintain to support clinical and ancillary operations. This position is required to participate in the Service Desk support queue and may on occasion be required to answer after hours calls related to clinical applications.
A. Abilities (required, not preferred)
Associate in this position must demonstrate the ability to:
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment dedicated to outstanding customer service
- Possess the ability to work closely with medical staff and hospital associates of varying educational and cultural backgrounds
- Rarely may be required to take after hours calls related to Clinical EMR Applications
- Rarely may be required to assist nursing departments with clinical job role
- Knowledge and Understanding of EMR applications including Evident (CPSI), Cerner, and T-System.
- Knowledgeable about clinical workflows, process improvement, project management and Microsoft Office
- Possesses basic software diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
B. Education and experience (required, not preferred)
- Graduate of a State Accredited School of Nursing, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Licensed to practice in the State of Iowa
- Must have at least three years of experience in a Clinical IT support role in a hospital setting or clinic
- Project Management experience
- Process Improvement experience
C. Annual requirements, licensure, and certification
- Must maintain Licensure to practice in the State of Iowa