Registered nurse in Iowa.
GENERAL DEFINITION /SCOPE of RESPONSIBILITIES
The House Supervisor represents leadership during hours that organizational leaders are not present. Provides oversight of HCHC and staff when department leaders are not present. Assures that Health Center policies and procedures are followed during the shift. Notifies administrator-on-call of any significant problems or situations.
A. Abilities: Associate in this position must demonstrate the ability to:
1. Communicate with clarity, tact, and efficiency in both verbal and written communication.
2. Work collaboratively in a team environment.
3. Work independently and exercise initiative.
4. Consistently display a high level of service and rapport with patients, visitors, associates, and physicians.
5. Understand and interpret Health Center policies and procedures.
6. Interpret data and construct reports as requested
7. Interact effectively with a wide variety of personalities.
8. Effectively utilize computer software - Microsoft Office
B. Education and Experience:
1. 3-5 years acute care nursing experience
2. 3-5 years nursing experience in the Emergency Department or ICU.
3. Prior nursing supervisory experience.
4. Graduation from an accredited nursing program
C. Annual requirements, licensure, and certification
1. Must have an active Iowa nursing license in good standing
2. Certifications in BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP and TNCC
3. Current certification in Mandatory Reporting
D. Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids
1. Proficient with the use of electronic medical records
2. Proficient with the use of Microsoft office products, such as Outlook, Word and Excel
3. Standard equipment used in patient care