Active C.N.A. certification; BLS, positive attitude, excellent communication skills, reliable and dependable. Functions as part of the nursing care team by delivering basic care to residents in accordance with the department’s philosophy, standards of care, Health Center’s policies and procedures, and established care plans. Provides resident centered care and promotes a more homelike environment based on each resident’s preference. Must have current C.N.A. certificate and ACLS.
- Attends to all resident personal hygiene and personal care needs, including but not limited to grooming, hygiene, dining and nutritional, mobility, elimination, psychosocial and safety needs. Organizes all supplies necessary to complete the tasks. Supports residents in self-care, and provides care as necessary for those unable to care for their own needs. Follows universal precautions, proper infection control, sanitation and safety standards of practice in all work and activities.
- Provides restorative therapy under the leadership of therapy professionals and in accordance with the resident’s functional maintenance plan.
- Observes residents closely, identifying changing needs and conditions at first indication, and reports immediately to nursing or household leadership as appropriate.
- Participates actively in the resident’s care planning, serving as the residents’ closest advocate in directing their care and honoring their preferences.
- Consistently works with all team members, led by resident and family preference to meet the needs and desires of all elders.
- Recognizes the importance of quality of life and ensures the integration of these events in each resident’s daily life.
- Promotes resident respect and self esteem by allowing choice/opportunity to make decisions based on information provided to them and their personal preferences.